My name is Elaina and I am a Year 8 student at Ngatea Primary School. I enjoy swimming, music, reading, film making and art.

Monday 20 November 2017

Group Day

On Wednesday the 1st of November, I attended Group Day, which was held by Kaihere School. I got up really early to be at the farm by 7:15. We had to wait around for a while so that the calves could eat, but eventually, they were full and we could wash them. Luckily my calf wasn’t very dirty, so it was easy to clean her. I then got onto brushing her, which there was time to do plenty of. I then put my calf on the trailer, and we headed down to Kaihere. When we got there it was packed, and there were lots and lots of animals there. I started off by giving my calf a good scrub because she had gotten herself very dirty. When she was finally clean, I just gave her a quick brush until it was time to lead.

We went to the ring, and I was the fourth one to go. It went perfectly, and I was feeling very confident. I placed first, which meant I was able to go into the championship ring. I was really nervous for my lead, but again Queen led perfectly, which gave me a really good chance! Queen was the champion, which meant that the girl who placed second to me got to lead. She was reserve champion, which isn’t often something that happens. I was given the trophy and ribbon, and I then had to rush off to clean my calf for Rearing.

When I got into the ring I did think that I had cleaned Queen well, except what I didn’t notice was a bit of dried mud on her leg. The judge told me I would have placed fifth, which I was happy with.

Next, I had Dairy Type, which I couldn’t really do much about. I hung around for a bit until it was time to go in. I went in and waited for the judge to do their thing. After a long, long wait the judge finally made their decision. I didn’t place, but I didn’t mind.

I am super proud of myself for how I went at Group Day. I really enjoyed it, and I really wish I could do it again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment